The Foundation For Your Child's Future!

All schools have bricks, hallways, teachers, books, computers, etc., but not all schools share the climate that shines on this Allentown Diocesan establishment throughout all seasons. The glow that surrounds our Lord shines on this educational facility and its inhabitants who make up the strong "St. Ambrose Family."

Our School Philosophy

The faculty and staff of St. Ambrose School continually strive to nurture the spiritual, intellectual, physical, social, emotional and creative qualities of all our students. We offer a challenging curriculum that exceeds both state and national standards, while providing differentiated instruction to meet the needs of individual students. We are committed to promoting Catholic values, fostering high academic achievement, developing 21st Century Skills, and enkindling personal initiative, responsibility and self-reliance.

Our Fundamentals

As part of the Catholic Schools of the Diocese of Allentown, 

St. Ambrose School prepares children with the "three R's."                                        

In addition, we provide:  --"R"ecognized Academic Excellence --"R"efuge From Negative Influence  --"R"einforcement of the Good Values Taught at Home --"R"ole Models for Living a Life Centered on Catholic Teachings   --"R"ooted in the Gospel

 

 

Our History

St. Ambrose School was established on August 31, 1914 by Father Vincent Dever. The school was staffed by the Sisters of St. Joseph and classrooms were located in the basement of the church on Broadway and Dock Streets in Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania. Thus began the tradition of academic excellence that continues today. In 1928, Father John J Carr authorized the building of a school and auditorium at 214 North Margaretta Street. Under the direction of Father Alfred Ott, a 14 acre tract of land off East Main Street in North Manheim Township was purchased in 1971. This is the current location of the church, school and rectory. On September 3, 1986, the school opened its doors and on September 14,1986 was dedicated by Bishop Thomas J Welsh. St. Ambrose School was first accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools on October 23, 1992 and re-accredited every six years with the most recent accreditation in 2013. The strong commitment of the members of St. Ambrose Parish to Catholic education is evidient!

Our Accreditation

St. Ambrose School is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Education. 

Find us on the MSA website - search for Saint Ambrose School.